The European Bird Census Council are encouraging registration for their 21st Conference “Bird Numbers 2019”, to be hosted by the LabOr – Laboratory of Ornithology in the beautiful Portuguese city of Evora, 8-13th April 2019.
Bird Numbers 2019 will cover a broad range of topics related to the monitoring of birds and their ecology and conservation, at both national and continental scales, and will consider the wider relevance of such work for science, conservation and society. The conference will feature invited plenary speakers, parallel lecture sessions, posters, thematic workshops, excursions and cultural events.
Whilst the exciting programme of plenaries, lecture sessions and workshops is now finalised, the deadline for the submission of poster abstracts is 31st January.
Suitable subject areas include:
– atlases and studies of bird distributions;
– biodiversity indicators;
– surveys and monitoring of breeding birds;
– waterbird monitoring;
– new methods and technologies;
– changes in wintering areas: long-distance migrants and migratory connectivity;
– causes of change in bird populations and societal responses;
– climate change impacts;
– renewable energies and their effects on birds;
– effects of conservation actions and policies.
Bird numbers 2019 is a collaboration between the EBCC, LabOr, the Institute of Mediterranean Agricultural and Environmental Sciences (ICAAM) and the University of Evora. We look forward to seeing you in Portugal for what will undoubtedly be a memorable conference.